- 1 kg Chicken, skinned, cut into 8 pieces
- 80 ml Oil
- 2 piece bayleave tej patta
- 3 sticks Cinnamon Sticks daalchini
- 8 piece Green Cardamoms Choti elaichi
- 3 gm Caraway Seeds Sahi Jeera
- 8 piece Cloves Laung
- 6 gm Turmeric Powder Haldi
- 8 gm Yellow Chilli Powder
- 25 gm Ginger Paste adrak
- 5 tsp Garlic Paste lasun
- 100 gm Cashewnut Paste Kaju
- 150 gm Yoghurt dahi
- Salt as per taste
- 40 gm Cream
- Green Coriander
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan over medium heat. Add the bay-leaves, cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms, caraway seeds and cloves; saute until the spices begin to crackle.
- Add onions, turmeric powder and yellow chilli powder; saute for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger, garlic and cashew nut paste and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 10-15 mins over medium heat.
- Add whisked yogurt with 2 cups of hot water and salt. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes on very low heat.
- Add the cream and cardamom powder and stir. Serve, garnished with the eggs, green coriander.